Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jackson Lake Inmates

May my devastating winter blues
finally give way to my
debilitating spring allergies
.



What does attention seeking and
looking for love have in common?  Everything.
Enter our misbehaving, attention seeker.
we see that when attention seeking is the goal,
the thinking goes like this:
I count only when I am being noticed....
when I am noticed, I belong.
So what do we do?  We ignore the negative 
behavior if possible.
 If it can't be ignored, we deal with 
it in a measured, unexcited way....
we don't feed into the drama.  
We give lots of attention for
positive behaviors.  We give attention 
unexpectedly. Unexpected attention is kudos 
received when we're not even
trying for it....it says we are special just 
because we are. We don't have to do 
anything to be loved. 
We don't have to have to be bad or good. 
We just need to be. 
Parody Mary

click below to hear "Attention Seeker" by Livele

No comments:

Post a Comment